On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 07:56:25AM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> jerenkrantz    02/01/01 23:56:25
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                include  http_core.h
>                modules/http http_protocol.c
>                server   core.c

Note that HTTP_IN now calls ap_die on an limit error condition.  Is
this correct?  I think this is wonky, but ap_get_client_block
neglects the error code, so it gets lost if HTTP_IN were to return
HTTP_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE.  The only true way for this to be
returned to the caller is to change the prototype of
ap_get_client_block or throw out that function entirely (and force
everyone to use buckets directly - which I believe is the way to
go anyway).  Yet, this may not be possible in the 2.0 timeframe.

If we want to change the ap_get_client_block prototype in the 2.0
timeframe, I'd suggest holding up 2.0.30 so that this API gets in.
This and the ap_getline/input-filtering API changes makes me want
to hold up a beta so that we can get the APIs straightened out.  Or,
we should open up 2.1 with these API changes...  -- justin