On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 06:59:40PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> > Wow!  Obviously the code/default config need to be extremely
> > conservative!
>
> Yes.  But browsers change (evolve to better things we hope), so config has
> my preference.  Hardcoding in default rules is badness IMHO.  But maybe that's
> just me.

-1 if these restrictions are hardcoded in the module like it was
before Sander's patch.  These problems should be handled by the
configuration of mod_deflate not by hardcoding rules.

When we added mod_deflate to the tree, we knew that we would have to
fine tune its configuration syntax to compensate for bad browsers.
Igor's listing is an invaluable first step.  -- justin