Henri Gomez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> And in fine what about mod_deflate to be added by default in
> Apache 2.0.44 ?
>
> And if so should we use the mod_gzip compression functions instead of
> depending on zlib ?

I would be shocked if any significant subset of the people who have to
support this code would be interested in switching the compression
engine anyway.  (And changing deflate to use a different compression
engine works against the goal of 2.0.44 being a stable release.)

Meanwhile I haven't seen anybody besides myself suggesting that we
bundle the relevant parts of zlib, and in my experience that is
required in order to get a consistently successful build on Unix (not
that I would advocate doing it before 2.0.44 ships anyway).

--
Jeff Trawick | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Born in Roswell... married an alien...