Paul J. Reder wrote:
Specifically, my thinking was that *I* wasn't the one who had
initially done the work and felt felt I shouldn't take credit
for anything other than what I did, which was to do a quick
review and then backport it. I did assume that backporting
would imply a review. It was just easier for me to backport
the next patch if this one were done first. It was already
voted on, I just backported it.

I'll try to do a better job of dotting all the t's and crossing
all the I's next time...

but fix CHANGES... that was the main point of my comments...

the second point about noting the reviewer in the CVS commit message was to show where some of the the stuff you wanted to put in CHANGES should be documented, and that is a hint for the future