Geoffrey Young wrote:

> I've griped a bit before about having default_handler make conditional GET
> decisions, and this is probably another instance where having
> ap_meets_conditions in it's own filter could avoid inevitable problems.

i see how paul's patch would reawaken thinking on the subject, but
your issue doesn't appear to relate directly to the patch.  there
are other bugs which can be fixed using the error-path filter -- such
as the non-transference of custom header fields on external redirects.
that has nothing to do with conditional GETs, so i'm definitely +1
on this patch because it currently allows fixing at least two issues,
even if one of them (the expires/304 bit) may end up getting fixed
another way at some point in the future.
--
#ken    P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"