In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Andre Malo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> * Aaron Bannert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 02:04:09PM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> > > I hereby would like to propose that we move the HTTP Server project
> > > codebase to the Subversion repository at:
> > >   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/.
> >
> > -1
> >
> > This will, at least for now, raise the bar to entry for contributors.
>
> Why?
>
> nd

your going to be forcing people to install some other piece of software.
while this might be fine for a lot of people, some won't or can't.
Some IDE's don't have SVN support yet, and some people have to deal with
sysadmins who think redhat 5.2 is acceptable work environment to develop
with.

I'm -0.5 on the issue overall. I can't see what benefit it will give
httpd overall at this stage.