--On Wednesday, March 17, 2004 9:47 AM +1000 Brian Havard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Also, being on a dialup link I currently rsync the cvs repository to a
local machine & do all my checkout/update/diff/log etc operations from
there & only commit across the link. Can I do that with subversion or will
every operation have to go half way around the world?

Subversion does support off-line 'diff' operations (usually the operation most people do off-line). log/update/commit still require a network connection. However, Subversion also provides much more efficient network utilization than CVS. I know that was a prime reason why Xerces-P moved over to Subversion from CVS as one of the main contributors was behind a dial-up and couldn't work with CVS but could use Subversion. -- justin