On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:39:48 -0600, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 12:02, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
>> Disadvantages of moving to subversion:
>> - Not as portable (?)
>
>(Subversion clients/servers run anywhere APR does.  I think that's
>actually more portable than CVS, since I don't believe CVS pserver runs
>on win32 at all.)

Well, I know subversion doesn't compile "out of the box" on OS/2 (I've
tried) so I'll probably have to port it myself if we do make it a
requirement for accessing httpd.

Also, being on a dialup link I currently rsync the cvs repository to a
local machine & do all my checkout/update/diff/log etc operations from
there & only commit across the link. Can I do that with subversion or will
every operation have to go half way around the world?

 |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  He's a very naughty boy!" - Life of Brian |