>Modules (right now, only mod_auth_ldap) depend on util_ldap, and
>changing the header would mean a break in binary compatibility (in
>theory). I think we should probably stick with an MMN bump for this to

>be consistent, even though only the mod_auth_ldap module uses it (to
my
>knowledge).

I was hoping to avoid the MMN bump mainly because that means we can't
backport the changes to the 2.0 branch.  If the httpd 2.2 includes a
caching_util module then the only reason for these stabilization patches
is the 2.0 branch.  Also, if there are any other modules that do depend
on util_ldap, wouldn't they be just as broken as mod_auth_ldap was and
probably want to update anyway?  I don't know, I was hoping to get some
other feedback from the list.

>As for the header being in /include, I think it should be there so
that
>external modules can be built against util_ldap. If the header was in

>/experiemental, the full httpd source would be needed to build an
Apache
>module that used util_ldap (unless I am misunderstanding something).

True.  It just seems a little strange.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer