I haven't tested that specific scenario but I can see where this patch
would address that problem as well.  The problem has been that if a bind
failed, the connection is left in an unbound state but the connection
record showed that the connection was still bound.  As a result, the
connection was never rebound or cleaned up.  Any attempt to reuse this
connecton would result in a failure of all operations.  I still suspect
that there may be some cases where ldap operation failures are not being
cleaned up correctly, so I am continuing to research this.  But my guess
is that this patch should significantly help to resolve the problem that
you are seeing.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>   Modified:    modules/experimental util_ldap.c
>   Log:
>   if the call to ldap_simple_bind_s() fails, the connection is left
in an unbound state.  Make sure that the connection record is updated to
show the current state.

I have been having a problem with auth_ldap in that it works great
under
load (100000 requests from ab, all successful with varying
concurrency),
but doesn't work under no load - leave it standing for "a while", and
suddenly all requests fail, I suspect due to all the ldap connections
having been timed out with no recovery.

Does this patch address this problem?

Regards,
Graham