On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Graham Leggett wrote:

Pier Fumagalli wrote:

I don't understand why mod_cache forcedly avoids caching URLs ending with the "/" (slash) character.

Apparently EGP (who's he?) agrees.

Anyhow, it's several months that we're running with this patch in production, and nothing bad seems to be happening.

If it works, I say commit the patch. Can think of no reason why we should not cache an URL ending is /.

+1 (untested). This has been discussed here several times, and if I recall correctly, the only comment was that index files may be subject to negotiation. But that's not a good argument, since *any* file may be subject to negotiation.

Joshua.