Pier Fumagalli wrote:

On 16 Jul 2004, at 15:13, Graham Leggett wrote:

Brian Akins wrote:

If it works, I say commit the patch. Can think of no reason why we should not cache an URL ending is /.

Because the cache_in filter gets added in the quick_handler. The fast_internal_redirect in mod_dir which translates / to /index.html (or whatever) seems to lose this filter, so it never gets cached.

Then I'd say the fix should be to teach mod_dir to not lose the cache filter.

As we're not using mod_dir in production, I wouldn't know how that would be affected by it.

    Pier

+1 . i already did this patch and it work weel in production use. But we don't use mod_dir.
We discussed here about this many times, and nobody found a real problem when caching / ending url. Maybe it's time to do the patch =)

In case some people would still not cache the /, i did a patch with a directive CacheSlashEndingUrl On/Off.
If someone is interested by, let me say.

Regards,
Matthieu