> What many people want is to drop support for other servers, and have an
> apache2-only module, with close integration ( use httpd.conf instead of
> special config file, etc ). For such a module - it would make much more
> sense to bundle it with apache IMO - one of the pain points is compiling
> the module and installing it in apache ( binary distributions are tricky).

Again, I don't know what percentage of the Apache/Tomcat user population I represent,
but the situation described above, if it ever came true, would leave me and the
programmers I work with absolutely *elated*, not to mention in a stronger position to
recommend Apache/Tomcat to our clients/bosses over other, non-open-source alternatives.

-Manni