From: Manni Wood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Invitation to HTTPD commiters in tomcat-dev

> > Having proxy_ajp included in httpd v2.0 would be a good thing - there is
> > a base of users for it (with it's more advanced handling of things like
> > indicating secure connections, etc it's useful).

> Hmm. I'd include rather in tomcat distribution than httpd-2.0. That seems to
> be way more logical.

I'd include it in Apache, not Tomcat.

It's an apache module, after all, and I only want to have to run ./configure once,
when I've downloaded the Apache source, not a second time, after I've downloaded
Tomcat.

Besides, mod_proxy_ajp (or whatever it ends up being called) can be not included by a
default ./configure, so that people who don't need it don't get it, whereas people who
do want it finally have a long-standing wish fulfilled: tigher integration into Apache.

-Manni

* Graham Leggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
> > And in fine if we could have proxy_ajp included in Apache 2.x
> > distribution, we'll a great step in Apache2/Tomcat integration,
> > which should be a goal for ASF members we are.
>
> Having proxy_ajp included in httpd v2.0 would be a good thing - there is
> a base of users for it (with it's more advanced handling of things like
> indicating secure connections, etc it's useful).

Hmm. I'd include rather in tomcat distribution than httpd-2.0. That seems to
be way more logical.

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"