I would hope that 2.0 is EOLed as soon as possible after 2.2 ships.
Being basically the NetWare platform maintainer of two versions of
Apache (1.3, 2.0) with a development version on top of that, has been
bad enough.  Three would be a nightmare and when would it stop?  Even
for all but the most serious security fixes, the story would be upgrade
to 2.2.x because that is where the fix is.

Brad

Brad Nicholes
Senior Software Engineer
http://www.novell.com

At 03:15 PM 8/12/2004, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>
>> so, can someone comment on what 2.2 (and the subsequent 2.3) mean
for 2.0?
>> that is, if everyday hacking is against 2.3 and we propose a new
feature to
>> backport, do we backport to both 2.2 and 2.0?  or does it mean that
2.0 has
>> reached end-of-life and we backport only to 2.2?
>>
>> just so I (and others) know what to expect... :)
>
>I would foresee only 1.3 and 2.2 being around and 2.0 being EOLed.

I expect the same, although providing the occasional 2.0 release for
security bug fixes.

Bill