Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

per-dir does not help in quick_handler.

No, but it is useful at the save stage.

True. This would probably be fine. I would like to see more flexible url matching, ala squid. Perhaps a way so that modules can register their own matching functions.

Example.

CacheDisable 127.0.0.1

and some module registers a "match function" that operates on client IP.

I personally prefer the former, it's just more like the rest of httpd.

I must say that I agree with that.

Would SetEnvIf, plus something like;

        CacheNoStoreEnvVar      NOCACHE

do the job? Ie, have a catchall;

        CacheEnable provider    /

but then if the environment variable specified is found at store time,
don't store it to the cache?

Hmmm.. that could work.. It would fit into the current httpd way of doing things.

On a different note, it would be great to have a larger number of containers (Directory, location, File, etc) and an easy way to declare more.

I'd like to be able to do things like:

<Host www.cnn.com>
        foo bar
</Host>

<Protocol https>
        foo baz
</Protocol>

<Environment help=me>
        foo bar>
</Environment>

etc...

The concept of a manager and so on, I'd definitely use.

If the interface was in hooks/option functions, it would be very flexible.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer