William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Question;

I'm looking for input what version of visual c++ we should build apr 1.x
and httpd 2.1.x and onwards with.  As most are aware, discrepancies in
the clib mean that mismatched posix open()/close(), malloc()/free() can
all cause serious problems, so a single version is vastly preferable.

Open to comments...

Are you saying that if you move to something later than VC6, then if
I compile modules using VC6 they will no longer work?  That sounds like
some nasty barriers in the way of those of us who have climbed the
windows learning curve just enough to support our own modules outside
the apache core distribution.

Talking of windows builds, "where's mod_ssl" seems to be something of
a FAQ in user support.  Why is it a problem *now* to include it?

--
Nick Kew