On Aug 13, 2007, at 4:59 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
On Aug 13, 2007, at 1:08 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:
Just a FYI: I'm planning on doing a T&R of 2.0.61 tomorrow (Aug 13);
It's a retag of 2.0.60 (plus the version bump, 'natch), and a reroll
with the singular exception of bundling APR 0.9.12, instead of 0.9.14.

Just a quick note; I'll definitely find that objectionable. Particularly
from 0.9.13

*) Provide folding in autogenerated .manifest files for Win32 builders

which provided our Windows users the ability to use the "Free" Studio 2005 to build their own Apache. I'm always happy to help ensure we have binaries, but not at the expense of encouraging users to "roll their own". Also

  *) Fix detection of pthread cross-process robust mutexes.

would also likely impact us negatively on some platforms with respect to
ssl cache and accept mutexes, no?

So I can hazard a guess that I'd be -1 on such a tarball.

In which case, we will need to wait to release 2.0.61 until APR 0.9.15
is released... I see no reason for 1.3.38 and 2.2.5 to be
held up while this is done, although it *does* make it more
difficult, what with the website changes, etc...

Right, I don't think there is any big hurry on 2.0.x.  However,
there is also no reason why it would take so long for APR to
release 0.9.15 (aside from the usual volunteer time issues).
It is mostly the same people, regardless.  Bill could tag 0.9.15
and start a release vote on APR while Jim rebuilds 2.0.x based
on that tag and starts another release vote here.  That way, lazy
folks like me can test both at once.

....Roy