On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 12:16:03PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> > Like I said, as long as ApacheLounge makes clear that the versions it
> > carries are not ASF releases, it's certainly permitted by the license
> > and not the least bit out of the ordinary.
>
> That's the point, isn't it??

Yes! And I think they should make it more clear :-) But I don't think we
should be requesting them not to make RC tarballs or arbitrary checkouts
from svn available, that's their choice. I think it's a bad idea for
them, but ultimately their own problem. On principle I think it's wrong
for us to request them not to - it's at odds with the OSI definition of
open-source for one thing.

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]