On Oct 9, 2007, at 1:49 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Oct 9, 2007, at 12:40 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:

I might be confused here, but if the response is forced 1.0,
then there are no keepalives in which case we want to *force*
keepalives off.

Actually two different settings, no? 1.0 supported explicit keepalives.

But the force disabling is the main intent of the implementation, iirc.
ie: they didn't behave right with Connection: Keep-Alive

isn't there a connection-close variable trigger that should be used
to enforce that?

All I'm saying is that, iirc, the intent of force-response-1.0 is
to force a 1.0 response and disable keepalives... it was designed
to work around buggy browsers that had problems with 1.1 features,
including wonky 1.0-type keepalives.

If someone wants to create force-response-1.0-with-keepalives
that does what force-response-1.0 does but allows for the potential
of keepalives, then I'm fine with that. But changing how
force-response-1.0 behaves is *sure* to cause problems for those
who depend on the current behavior.