On Feb 13, 2008, at 12:27 PM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Akins, Brian
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2008 18:23
An: dev@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: Re: ping for http in mod_proxy

On 2/13/08 11:07 AM, "Jim Jagielski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've started looking at adding "ping" support for
mod_proxy_http to complement whats in mod_proxy_ajp...
The idea is to send a simple OPTIONS * to the backend
and hope for a reply.

Would it be more useful to have active healthchecking to
backend servers?

This does not help with race conditions on HTTP keepalive connections.

We will never be able to completely avoid race conditions...
whether keepalives are in place or not.