But in the Auth framework we also work with providers and may call
more then one provider per request to do authn / authz. So I guess
this will be also doable. My main point is that I want to avoid
using both hook and provider if not really needed, as it

- creates unneeded overhead which lowers performance
- makes it harder to extend things with own modules as things are
  more complex
- make debugging harder

So as far as possible for solving the problem in a flexible manner
I would like to stick to KISS.

Regards

Rüdiger