Stefan Fritsch wrote:
On Thursday 29 May 2008, Jim Jagielski wrote:
for 2.2.9, it would be nice to fix the epoll issue PR 42829,
IMHO. The patch in the bug report works, even if it may not be
the perfect solution.
 From what I can see, there is no real patch available or fully
tested enough to warrant anything for 2.2.9 right now.

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=21137 has been in Debian testing and unstable for about 6 months without problems. It is not an elegant solution but it works. Considering that is is not clear how an elegant solution would look like, including this patch might make sense.

Please don't put these kind of patches into the debian apache packages, especially ones that don't exist in trunk.

(Things that are committed to turnk, and just are awaiting backport, I'm less concerned about, but this patch is a behavior change at the core of the MPMs.)

-Paul