On Friday 30 May 2008, Paul Querna wrote:
> > https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=21137 has
> > been in Debian testing and unstable for about 6 months without
> > problems. It is not an elegant solution but it works. Considering
> > that is is not clear how an elegant solution would look like,
> > including this patch might make sense.
>
> Please don't put these kind of patches into the debian apache
> packages, especially ones that don't exist in trunk.
>
> (Things that are committed to turnk, and just are awaiting
> backport, I'm less concerned about, but this patch is a behavior
> change at the core of the MPMs.)

Bugs as grave as this one are not acceptable in Debian packages for
extended periods of time. The bug report has been open for over 1
year, I have attached my patch on 2007-11-16. It is marked as
critical since 2008-01-16. If you don't want such patches in the
Debian package, you need to fix such bugs faster (and comment on
patches in bugzilla faster). Of course I understand that this is
difficult because there are never enough people to fix bugs (we have
the same problem).

I admit that I should have followed up on the discussion in February,
but I was quite busy and then forgot about it.

Cheers,
Stefan