On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:25:20 +0200 (MEST)
Niklas Edmundsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I would like to propose to merge (or rather, add) mod_limitipconn
> (http://dominia.org/djao/limitipconn2.html, changelog at
> http://dominia.org/djao/limit/ChangeLog) into httpd.

Have you (or anyone) compared this to other modules in/around
this space, such as mod_evasive and mod_cband?

> It has proven stable for us on ftp.acc.umu.se in conjunction with my
> recent patches to make it play well with mod_cache, and I really
> think that it would be useful for a lot of httpd users.

Sounds good.

> The author (David Jao, also CC:d) would be glad to contribute it,
> provided that it is of interest for the httpd community.

Since David isn't a regular on this list, maintenance is an issue.
Would you expect to take the lead in maintaining it (insofar as
noone else steps forward)?

I could be a provisional +1, if IP and maintenance are sorted.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/