I agree. I use it as well, but I found that it had some shortcomings
in the features (e.g. being not able to limit the number of clients
from one IP in the READ_STATE, so clients that sent no full initial
HTTP request line on systems without a HTTP accept filter like on BSD).
and needed some optimizations. But I have these patches at hand and
I can contribute them once the module is integrated.

> > The author (David Jao, also CC:d) would be glad to contribute it,
> > provided that it is of interest for the httpd community.
>
> Since David isn't a regular on this list, maintenance is an issue.
> Would you expect to take the lead in maintaining it (insofar as
> noone else steps forward)?

I think it is not really an issue. The module is quite small (about 550
lines of C code with my patches included and apart from Niklas I already
know this module. So a starting point for maintenance is made and all
others will be able to deal with it pretty much quickly.

> I could be a provisional +1, if IP and maintenance are sorted.

Sure. The paperwork needs to be sorted out of course. Although the
license is not Apache License 2.0, I guess this should be still
easy with a software grant from David:

/*
 * Copyright (C) 2000-2002 David Jao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 *
 * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
 * obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation
 * files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without
 * restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy,
 * modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
 * of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
 * furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
 *
 * The above copyright notice, this permission notice, and the
 * following disclaimer shall be included in all copies or substantial
 * portions of the Software.
 *
 * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
 * EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
 * MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
 * NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT
 * HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY,
 * WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
 * OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
 * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
 *
 */

License experts please comment.