On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:24:04 +0200 (MEST)
Niklas Edmundsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[Adding David Jao back to this sub-thread, as I don't know
if you subscribe to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> >> I could be a provisional +1, if IP and maintenance are sorted.
> >
> > Sure. The paperwork needs to be sorted out of course. Although the
> > license is not Apache License 2.0, I guess this should be still
> > easy with a software grant from David:
>
> You obviously haven't looked at the recent version, it's relicensed
> with ASL2.0 ... Although I and David still expect that it needs a
> software grant.

If it's ASL, that means we could just grab it (as could anyone else
whose distribution is ASL-compatible).  But I certainly wouldn't
want to do that without the author's clear agreement.

I think what matters here is to avoid creating a useless fork.
If the original developer is still doing active development on
the module, we should either merge that effort with ours or
leave well alone.  In practice, a merge would imply development
moving to this list.

If David is happy to subscribe to this list and make it his
primary forum for the module, then +1.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/