On Aug 21, 2008, at 7:41 AM, Joe Orton wrote:

Yes, with the cleanup it no longer hangs.  What about stashing a pool
reference in a global, is that a red flag?

Given that the lifetime of the callbacks is now constrained, is the new
global pool still needed?

As Rüdiger mentioned, the pool is no longer created out of a NULL parent. Putting in the cleanup allowed me to use pconf without hanging the parent on shutdown. It's still a global reference, because the prototypes of the OpenSSL callbacks don't allow me to pass user data back in.

Also any reason to put the structure in ssl_private.h rather than the .c
file directly?

None.  I'll move it.

S.

--