Paul Querna wrote:
Hi dev@,

FYI, I intend to roll 2.3.0-alpha, our first release from trunk in about 3 years, on Saturday December 6th.

How about starting the process not with a roll, but with a proposed
software configuration and feature set?

Just OTTOMH and from a quick look at trunk, I see:

  - authnz revised again
  - mod_sed
  - mod_session
  - Expression parser (I dropped the ball there but intend to
    pick it up)
  - Simple MPM status?
  - drop_privileges architecture and modules
  - status of mod_cache submodules?
  - are we going to revive mod_proxy_fcgi?

Some of that is pretty-much untested.  And then there are
not-in-trunk things some of us have in view, like lua and dtrace:
where do they stand if you start rolling willy-nilly?

I think we need to start stabilizing trunk, and getting on the path of doing 2.4.x 'soon'.

+1 to that, and thanks for raising it.

--
Nick Kew