Ruediger Pluem wrote:
Name based virtual hosting with SSL does *only* work with SNI *enabled*
clients. Not SNI enabled clients receive a 403 when contacting any of
the name based virtual hosts (which enables you to set a nice error
page to explain to the user what happened and which browser to use).

We discussed creating a directive that would disable this behaviour and
would allow not SNI enabled clients to still work. But as this directive
would have a documentation that says: Don't ever use it we saw no sense
in this.

+1 That sounds fine to me. For the first year I would guess only bleeding edge / Linux / small sites to use SNI, and they'll be happy telling their users to upgrade browser.

iang