On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:49:10PM +0530, Kamesh Jayachandran wrote:
> I tried your patch. It does *not* fix the issue.
> One difference it makes is , triggers failure early at 20/30 files(PUT
> requests) instead of 20k files earlier.

Can you get a packet dump/trace from the client side?  Is there anything
between client and server which is intercepting the SSL traffic?
(physical/software firewall?)  It would be good whether this problem is
due to the traffic becoming corrupted.

There seem to be two places in OpenSSL's ssl_parse_serverhello_tlsext()
which can send a "decode error" alert, if I am reading the code and
following the error handling correctly.  It would be useful if you could
use a custom OpenSSL build with an fprintf(stderr, ... ) or similar
added before each of the "*al = SSL_AD_DECODE_ERROR;" lines in that
function (in ssl/t1_lib.c), if you're able to try that?

Regards, Joe