On 10/22/2009 05:24 PM, Dr Stephen Henson wrote:
Kamesh Jayachandran wrote:
I need to double check it by myself(One of the internal tester was
saying that this happens with openssl-0.9.8b).
I vaguely remember this happening with openssl-0.9.8g.

Unfortunately I could not build/use openssl-0.9.8b and openssl-0.9.8e on
my box.

I get the following error for which I do not know *solution* right now,

[kam...@kamesh openssl-0.9.8e]$ /home/kamesh/openssl-0.9.8e/bin/openssl
genrsa 1024 -out /tmp/server.key
Generating RSA private key, 1024 bit long modulus
................++++++
....++++++
e is 65537 (0x10001)
Illegal instruction

That's due to the function pointer issues which gcc 4.2 and later doesn't like:
this was fixed in newer versions of OpenSSL.

Is there any switch we can pass to gcc 4.2 to compile and make it work properly.

Do you need TLS extensions on the client/server? If not try compiling OpenSSL
with no-tlsext.

May not be possible as *client* builds are not in our control.

I believe no-tlsext does *not* disable TLS functionality itself.

Did you say what version of OpenSSL the failing client was using on Windows?

It happens with openssl-0.9.8j on client openssl-0.9.8k on server

With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran