On 26 Mar 2012, at 12:18 AM, Michael Felt wrote:

> I have been trying to build trunk from "trunk" versions of apr and apr-util.
> buildconf complains about not being able to find APR-util (or apr-UTIL). In
> any case, caps are involved. Windows might not complain, but UNIX does.

In theory, you should be able to get away with not calling buildconf at all,
given that this command is run before the tarballs are created and it should
all be functional from the outset. Or to put it another way, you only need to
run buildconf if you checked the code out from svn, instead of trying to build
from a tarball.

The ./configure script needs the base path of the apr and apr-util
installations passed to it, something like this:

./configure [options] --with-apr=%{_prefix} --with-apr-util=%{_prefix}

where prefix is /opt/local (for you, as I recall).

Regards,
Graham