Jim,

I am very happy to hear that and would like to compile some feedback/ideas in
the next days. I also want to get some better performance comparison numbers
for TLS+http/1 vs. TLS+http/2 in the infamous http2 gopher tiles example, not
focussing on page load times but requests/sec.

The module itself has become more and more apr-ified, but there are still many
areas to improve and some multi-thread walls I ran into. And I agree that it
rather seems core needs some nudges here and there than a rebuilding. But I am
far from claiming any expertise in that.

Cheers,

  Stefan

PS. As a small quid-pro-quo and because you were asking about a possibly
2.4.13: there has so far not been a volunteer to integrate the ALPN patch I
adapted from mod_spdy. It would be great if someone could take a look at it. It
is the biggest obstacle so far for experimenters (early sufferers) of mod_h2
and it would be very nice to have it out of the way.

> Am 31.03.2015 um 17:20 schrieb Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com>:
>
> Stefan,
>
> One thing that was v useful about mod_spdy was the insight on
> what changes/re-factoring might be done w/i the core httpd code
> itself to make things easier, such as the idea of a "slave"
> conn_rec (or a virtual connection). I started trying to fold
> some of that into trunk, and so any insight you may have from
> your mod_h2 work would be MOST APPRECIATED. I think we can
> abstract out enough that we would not need a wholesale re-write
> of large chunks of the core.
>
> I also think that Serf and even APR would also benefit from
> that as well.

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenweg 16, 48155 Münster, Germany