Sort answer: no.
Re issue 28: I will look into this more today. I was able to generate a
segfault on connection shutdown on Friday and work on a fix.

Longer version re buckets:
- even though buckets for a request are created inside a single worker thread,
they are mutated/split/placed on free list upon processing down the main
connection. Which then all affects their bucket_alloc_t from several threads.
Especially on longer response bodies,
- since there are no function pointers for bucket_alloc_t, it is not obvious to
me how one would replace them with another implementation.
- what can be added are, of course, new bucket implementations. Maybe there is
an approach to move the data itself without copying more than once. With a
clever handling of file buckets, maybe no copying at all.

Otherwise, I am open to ideas.

//Stefan

> Am 21.06.2015 um 17:07 schrieb Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>:
>
> re: https://github.com/icing/mod_h2/issues/28 has this design further evolved?
>
> Is there a way to make the deep copy un-necessary by injecting your
> own bucket_alloc created with a pool with a threadsafe allocator very
> early?  It seems like all of the buckets are created in the h2 thread
> after you've had a chance to manipulate stuff.
>

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>> Thanks, Jim!
>>

>>> Am 31.03.2015 um 19:29 schrieb Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com>:
>>>
>>> What I did is used the alpn patch as a guide and updated trunk
>>> to add the functionality:
>>>
>>>   http://svn.apache.org/r1670397
>>>
>>> I'll give it a few days to work out and then propose for a
>>> 2.4 backport.

> --
> Eric Covener
> cove...@gmail.com