On 18/11/2015 19:48, Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 18.11.2015 um 08:16 schrieb Noel Butler:
On 17/11/2015 22:33, Reindl Harald wrote:

5 or 6 bloody weeks is a month - so what's the problem?
any other software but httpd is allowed to have monthly updates?

"I can accept" - seriously - you can just ignore a release when you
think it's not important for you but i don't get why anybody else
should wait for available non-security bugfixes just because you feel
like someone enforces you to update your server

your problem harry as usual is you dont comprehend whats said, because i
never once said it was OK for that other software, in fact its made
clear otherwise, but I'll grant you your comments based only on the fact
you have little comprehension of english and rely on translators.

no i don't rely on a translator, i just read you other posts too

oh really this is not what you told us before, when you played hard dun by and getting kicked off lists and RBL'd - I probably still have the email, ahh thanks, so it confirms mew you are full of shit and your blacklisting remains warranted :)

before reply and one part of that was "take phpmyadmin as one example,
most admins I know gave up updating it, because there were updates
every week, sometimes  every few days, Marc has accepted this is a
serious problem and unless a critical security bug is found, normal
bug fixes releases will be only once per month if need be"

and here we talk about that *one month* - so what's the problem?

anyways, if you can't cope with monthly updates and in doubt decide if
they are relevant at all hire somebody who can cope or just install a
LTS distribution only delivering critical bugfixes

i have better things to do with my time, like laugh at idiots like you

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/