No it does not.  Ubuntu and Debian still error:

waiting 60 seconds for server to start: .AH00534: apache2: Configuration
error: No MPM loaded.

I think this could be fixed by just the part of my patch that allowed for
IncludeOptional in addition to Include when finding sub-confs for
inheriting the parts that load an MPM.  I'll work up a patch that switches
to apachectl and includes that.  Thanks!

Sam