On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Sam Tregar <s...@tregar.com> wrote:
> Are you suggesting that people who want to run tests that use Apache::Test
> should know that they have to source /etc/apache2/envvars first?  Or that I
> should patch Apache::Test to source that file instead of guessing which vars
> to set?
>
> That file unsets HOME on Ubuntu and changes LANG to C, so if we tell people
> to source it we should probably also tell them to logout afterwards.

It seems we should have the framework process the bin/envvars (in the normal
path,  or /etc/apache2 in this case)... but that should be based on
retrieving the
pathname of bin/envvars from apxs, and apxs doesn't have this info (it also does
not have two distinct entitites for the progname and config file name, requiring
that both be overridden if the progname is changed.)

Because of a small delta between fedora's openssl x509 and my stock openssl
build (and fedora's is found first on the path)... processing
bin/envvars without

I guess we aught to add both the envvars and distinct conffile defaults to the
apxs utility, and then we can play catch-up in Apache::Test. Not sure what the
stop-gap would be for Ubuntu short-term. WDYT?