Are you suggesting that people who want to run tests that use Apache::Test
should know that they have to source /etc/apache2/envvars first?  Or that I
should patch Apache::Test to source that file instead of guessing which
vars to set?

That file unsets HOME on Ubuntu and changes LANG to C, so if we tell people
to source it we should probably also tell them to logout afterwards.

Sam