Hmmm... I'm not seeing the patch where AP_SERVER_DEVBUILD_BOOLEAN
in ap_release.h is set to 0

How does your release process work? What we've always
done is make the req changes to the branch and then copy
from that branch to the tag. So the tag itself must refer to
a specific SVN number on the http-2.4 branch but I'm
not seeing where that is done.