On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 12:50 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group
<ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com> wrote:

> [...]

Again (I think I commented and this was pointed out on list) that
mod_cluster is broken. However, mod_cluster is broken in the sense
that it rearranges members of the array, and without knowledge of
the future size of the struct, it ultimately fails to succeed.

Modules like mod_ftp and mod_cluster and mod_wsgi and ... these that
assume the role of core functions and believe they know the size of a
future structure, they can't be kept portable. So if earlier comments
about mod_cluster are correct, I am taking this exception as a
mutual-failure scenario of compatibility.

Therefore the proxy balancer scoreboard, for display purposes, should
not cause faults (although the data won't be correct beyond existing
field sizes.) And, for manipulation, no module that deals in the
affected fields will still function. If you believe that
mod_proxy_balancer exists solely for httpd-project implemented
providers, this is not an issue; I continue to vote no position on the
untenable abuse of the 2.4 ABI.

Cheers,

Bill