This answer \V/ (from Stefan) below. More explanation follows...

The httpd project is entirely transparent. All development decisions occur
on the email
list you asked this question. Stefan himself stepped up to integrate
Tatsuhiro's nghttp2
implementation into httpd (very successfully) so we have mod_http2 as a
core module.

Something similar may happen where someone creates a mod_quic (google
obviously
hasn't shared such a thing, according to google search) or someone
integrates the
readily available implementations. We'll see, the Apache HTTP Server
project is very
welcoming of new community members who offer innovations like this (again
using
the example of Stefan, who quickly became a committer and PMC member after
bringing the mod_h2 proposal to the project.)

The troublesome part is that both HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 get ahead of their skis
by
being L4-L7 protocols, where HTTP/1 is L7. The httpd server was designed to
be
an OSI Layer 7 component. Stefan's done some great work breaking that design
model to have mod_http2 "fit" right in, but it's an uneasy fit.

Now HTTP/3 offers some very serious advantages, and the project was offered
some fun HTTP-over-UDP transport work over a decade ago. But any HTTP3/quic
component swaps out tls+mod_ssl+http+http2 work for an new and better
approach
to TLS  handshake negotiation and transport. It's going to be a fun
development
project for someone perhaps.

AFAIK no-one has expressed interest. But to anyone who has an interest, even
if you want to take such a project online, please share with dev@httpd that
you
are chasing the idea and maybe you'll find a great collaborator or few to
bring
a great proposal back to the project, once you decide it's ready for
submission.

Cheers,

Bill