On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 11:20 AM Helmut K. C. Tessarek
<tessa...@evermeet.cx> wrote:

> On 2019-09-27 03:00, Stefan Eissing wrote:
> > I know of no plans to implement HTTP/3 support in Apache httpd.
>
> I'm sorry, but this seems rather strange to me. So what's the idea behind this
> decision (or better said the lack of a plan)?
>
> "Let's wait until other web servers implement it and wonder why they are
> gaining more market share?"
>
> I'm not mocking anyone, this is a honest question.

My 2c:

I don't think market share is a big motivating factor for active contributors.

HTTP/3 would be a lot of work, a lot of shoehorning into HTTPD, and
likely be de-stabilizing for quite some time.   There is
simply nobody (seemingly) working on it.

HTTPD is great and familiar to lots of people, but HTTPD'S age brings
a lot of baggage. Lots of other great servers have much
less baggage and currently have much more commercial interest and buzz.