On 10/3/06, Clinton Begin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't think Brandon was suggesting we continue to use OOo with DocBook.  I
can attest to the poor quality of the DocBook output from OOo....

But it's a good way to start.  We can export to DocBook, then clean it up (a
lot).  From that point on, we use XXE or a text editor...

I'll try it again, but the last time I used XXE, I found it cumbersome
and distracting. OO is at least unobstrusive.

Personally, I like the way the Struts 2 documentation is heading.

* http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/home.html

The focus is on short guides, FAQs, and reference material that work
well in an online format. As a printed book, it would totally suck,
but as an online guide, it's great. The best part is that we are able
to single-source a lot of material from the JavaDocs and sample
applications using a Confluence macro. The system clips snippets from
the source material into the page, like a live cut and paste. All the
material in tag guides is being sucked in from the JavaDocs.

* http://cwiki.apache.org/WW/tag-reference.html

The autoexport macro is also working well for us, and some people are
working on some very attractive templates to dress up the HTML. For
the distribution, we just bundle in a snapshot of the HTML export.
Click. Done.

Realistically, any future contributions I would make will probably be
via Confluence anyway, so I'll stay out of the DocBook discussions.

-Ted.