Thanks all for the feedback,

I think there is a bit of hostility here. It was probably flamed by Larry's
hate comments earlier. We can all forgive each other can't we and keep
loving?

To address some of the points:

RE: internet connectivity...
If you don't have an internet connection then you are in a sad sad sad state
and i'd like to know how you got ahold of ibatis in the first place.

RE: self contained build
I believe that self contained build are overrated as well. As long as you
have the jars (which maven will download for you). Then you are golden. It's
really quite simple.

RE: site generation
I'm fine with our current site. Are we using ant in our build to create it?
If not, then it's a non-issue cuz i'm not advocating maven being site
generator.

Anyway, let me suggest that you guys let me write the pom and we'll see if
all the unnecessary anger and hype is really worth the raise in blood
pressure.

Brandon Goodin