Hi Denis,

Mixing JIRA and human mails in one list seems to be inconvenient both for
those interested in monitoring human and JIRA mails and from this
perspective separate lists approach looks superior.

Also, your mention of filtering made me wonder if "mixed" approach may have
effect opposite to what you want, that is folks will just blindly filter out
JIRA mails so that these will be effectively hidden from target audience.

That said, your reasons for sending JIRA notifications to mailing list
readers look important to me and that also makes me unhappy with approach of
separate JIRA list.

Trying to figure if there is a way to somehow resolve above contradiction I
re-checked Apache mailing lists documentation for maybe they have something
to address these matters somehow.

>From what I read it looks that we can try sort of combined solution, when
JIRA notification feed to separate mailing list which in turn forwards daily
digest to human list. [1]

WDYT?

regards, Oleg

Denis Magda-2 wrote