Hi Ivan, thank you for this bit of information. We seem to be on the same
page about a removal, and it would not happen in 3.0. My concern related to
public API and users. If we internally redesign thick clients and remove
counter-intuitive use cases (e.g. caches on a client, excepting near
caches) it is perfectly fine, and I encourage everyone to propose solutions
in this issue.

Hi Andrey, please check your Apache ID while login to wiki. Since you are
comitter you should be able to edit (INFRA set up LDAP recently).

If it will not work, please share your wiki username, and I will add
permissions.

Sincerely
Dmitriy Pavlov