Hello, Igor.

Thanks for starting this discussion.

I think we should take a step back in it and answer the following questions:

1. What the exact issues with the H2 integration?
Can you send a tickets links?
Can we label all H2 integration issues in JIRA? I propose to use "h2" label.

2. What are the requirements for the new SQL engine?
We should write it down and discuss.

3. What options do we have?
Are there any alternatives to Calcite on the market?
We did the wrong choice that looked obvious one time.
So we should carefully avoid it at this time.

4. What is improvements of Ignite we want to make with the new engine?