Roman.

> Nikolay, Maxim, I understand that our arguments may not be as obvious
> for you as it obvious for SQL team. So, please arrange your questions in
> a more constructive way.

What is SQL team?
I only know Ignite community :)

Please, share you knowledge in IEP.
I want to join to the process of engine *selection*.
It should start with the requirements to such engine.
Can you write it in IEP, please?

My point is very simple:

1. We made the wrong decision with H2
2. We should make a well-thought decision about the new engine.

> How many tickets would satisfy you?

You write about "issueS" with the H2.
All I see is one open ticket.
IEP doesn't provide enough information.
So it's not about the number of tickets, it's about

> These two points (single map-reduce execution and inflexible optimizer)
> are the main problems with the current engine.

We may come to the point when Calcite(or any other engine) brings us third and
other "main problems".
This is how it happens with H2.

Let's start from what we want to get with the engine and move forward from this
base.
What do you think?