Ivan,

> Have you considered format with schema?

1. We should be able to serialize arbitrary user data on the client side.
    I think we don't want to require extra steps from the user.

2. MsgPack can be also used in a schemaful way, when user objects are
written as arrays, not as maps - so that field names are not included.

> we should benchmark formats thoroughly

Strictly speaking, the IEP is about the format (the spec), not about the
implementation.
The format itself is simple and efficient, there is nothing to make it
slower than anything else.
C# impl proves this by beating every competitor [1].

> Could you please share your code for benchmarks?

The code is linked in the IEP [2]

[1]
https://aloiskraus.wordpress.com/2019/09/29/net-serialization-benchmark-2019-roundup/
[2] https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/9178